[Gdal-dev] gdal_grid: Comments from a new player

Fodder cryan at csse.com.au
Sun Jun 1 20:29:26 EDT 2008

Thanks Frank for your reply,

- One more thing I've noticed. The 'nearest' interpolation algorithm doesn't
seem to accept the defaults of 0 (meaning whole array) for radius1 & radius
2, when used like this:

gdal_grid -a nearest:radius1=0.0:radius2=0.0:angle=0.0:nodata=-1000000000
-txe ...

it generates a grid full of nodata values. I have to set it to:

gdal_grid -a
nearest:radius1=10000000:radius2=1000000:angle=0.0:nodata=-1000000000 -txe

to get a correct Theisson Polygon style interpolation.

Cheers