[gdal-dev] How to access a part of an image

Andreas Theofilu andreas at theosys.at
Tue Jun 17 00:59:59 EDT 2008

Am Montag, 16. Juni 2008 22:00:15 schrieben Sie:
> Andreas,
>
> If you use RasterIO the nXSize,nYSiye should correspond to the
> nBufXSize nBufYSize to avoid the image decimation / replication
> according to
> http://www.gdal.org/classGDALDataset.html#e077c53268d2272eebed10b891a05743

Thanks. This is the case and in the mean time I found out how I can load only
a part of the image. What I'm searching for is a function or a way to define
the dimensions of the image in geo coordinates and have a function giving me
the pixel coordinate, width and height of the wanted part of the image. But
such functions seems not to be part of GDAL.

--
Andreas Theofilu
TheoSys - Software Systems and Solutions