[gdal-dev] Re: GDAL Translate to remove SRS

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Sat Jun 21 18:26:32 EDT 2008

Courtney Schitka <c.schitka <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Can I use gdal_translate to remove an existing SRS in a geotiff and replace it
with an empty one by specifying -a_srs (WHATEVER it is for an empty wkt). If so
what is the wkt format I need to specify for an empty SRSThanks Court

Hi,

Would you be satisfied with a normal tiff image + world file for georefencing?
That is achieved by

gdal_translate -of GTiff -co profile=baseline -co tfw=yes

I have needed that sometimes for cleaning geotiff images containing wrong tags,
for example units in fathoms instead of meters.

-Jukka Rahkonen-