[gdal-dev] GDAL & WMS

Baumann, Konstantin Konstantin.Baumann at hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Wed Jun 25 11:50:29 EDT 2008

Hi!

1.	I would like to use the GDAL WMS driver. But without doing a
GetCapabilities request out of the box and with the need of creating a
special XML file for each server, the driver seems to be a little bit
useless to me (from an end user's point of view). Is there somewhere the
GetCapabilities-script mentioned here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/SoCWMSDriver? Where do I get the needed
<SizeX> and <SizeY> values from? The GetCapabilities request of a WMS
does not return these values...

2.	I have tried to use the first WMS-XML-file from here:
http://www.gdal.org/frmt_wms.html, to access a WMS server; however the
GDALOpen()-call fails (returns NULL). The WMS driver is available
(verified with "gdalinfo --formats"). Are there any requirements to the
filename used for the XML filename (I used "D:\wms-test.xml" and inside
of my C++-code "D:\\wms-test.xml")?

Kind regards,
    Kosta