[gdal-dev] KMZ Support in OGR?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 14:38:34 EDT 2008

2008/3/31, Brian Hamlin <maplabs at light42.com>:
> Hi Michael-
>
>    thanks for chiming in
>
>    two fundementals stand out for me about OGR and libkml
>
>  - OGR doesnt do styling much, and probably wont .. tons of KML is
>  styling related
>     corollary: when you read in KML, thats gone..  when you write out,
>  there is a lot missing from what people might typically expect

I think it would be great to support the styles with the KML driver
either. But someone should find out how the current feature style
specification should be mapped to the KML styles, and/or how to extend
this specification to satisfy with the KML needs.

http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr_feature_style.html

Best regards,

Tamas