[gdal-dev] INST_DATA and 1.5.2

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Mon May 19 12:47:43 EDT 2008

On Monday 19 May 2008, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I would like to bring everyone's attention to an unfortunate problem in
> GDAL 1.5.0.  It seems an upgrade in the version of autoconf used to
> generate the configure script has resulted in the GDAL data files getting
> installed (by default) in $prefix/share instead of $prefix/share/gdal.
>
> I have corrected this now in svn trunk and 1.5 branch.
>
>    http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2382
>
> Also, I am interested in issuing a 1.5.2 GDAL release this week or early
> next.  I would like to prepare a release candidate tomorrow.  Is anyone
> aware of critical fixes that should be done before a 1.5.2 release?
>
> Best regards,

Thanks for the update Frank. Will this cause any hickup when we install the
latest version of tunk? i.e. will paths need to be reset or the like. Also is
there a general approach to removing the accidentally placed GDAL support
files in $prefix/share/ ?

Also, would these misplaced files have affected any datum shifting or other
operations that rely on these files?

Cheers,

Dylan

--