[gdal-dev] gdal 1.5.1 Bus Error - core dump on Solaris 9

Gong, Shawn (Contractor) Shawn.Gong at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed May 21 13:17:00 EDT 2008

hi list,

I have been using gdal 1.4, and have recently built gdal 1.5.1 for its
large image support.
Gdal 1.5.1 and OpenEV 1.8 building was fine. Then I encounter Bus Error
- core dump on Solaris 9.
I have tracked it down to where the Bus Error occurred:
  gtiff_driver = gdal.GetDriverByName( 'GTiff' )
  self.new_ds = gtiff_driver.CreateCopy( fname, vrtds, ...
A "core" file is generated and kept growing to near half GB.

I have followed Frank's advices of using -fPIC during compiling, and
rebuilt Gdal 1.5.1 from scratch. But I still get the same error.

Help is appreciated,
Shawn