[gdal-dev] GDAL v1.5.1 compile error on RHEL5.

Sorokine, Alexandre sorokina at ornl.gov
Fri May 23 12:14:28 EDT 2008

Joe,

Same problem here.  I succeeded to compile gdal (vers. 1.5.1) on 64-bit
RHEL5 by adding --without-libtool option to configure script.  The problem
originates from libtool not being able do differentiate between 32- and
64-bit libraries.  I do not know what --without-libtool actually changes but
it works.