[gdal-dev] gdal 1.5.1 Bus Error - core dump on Solaris 9

Gong, Shawn (Contractor) Shawn.Gong at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon May 26 12:25:44 EDT 2008

hi Frank and list,

I have written this small code to debug gdal bus error.
"python test.py" failed on the last line. It wrote 178 bytes to
working_dir/test2.tif then core dumped.

python error message:
ERROR 1: /home/sgong/working_dir/test2.tif:No space to read TIFF
directory
ERROR 1: TIFFReadDirectory:Failed to read directory at offset 8
Bus error (core dumped)

help is appreciated,
Shawn

test.py
=================
import os
import gdal
import string
import Numeric
import gdalnumeric
import math
import gvutils
from gdalconst import *

TEMP_PATH__ = os.path.join(os.environ['MY_PATH'], 'working_dir' )

file_read = os.path.join(TEMP_PATH__,"A-Pan.tif")
file_write = os.path.join(TEMP_PATH__,"test2.tif")

dataset = gdal.Open(file_read, GA_ReadOnly )
array = dataset.ReadAsArray(1,1,200,150)

extract_ds = gdalnumeric.OpenArray(array)
#extract_ds.SetGCPs(gcps,projection)

print "step 1"
driver = gdal.GetDriverByName( "GTiff" )

print "step 2"
driver.CreateCopy( file_write, extract_ds )