[gdal-dev] gdal 1.5.0 and 1.5.1 build on Solaris 9

Gong, Shawn (Contractor) Shawn.Gong at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu May 29 17:15:06 EDT 2008

hi list,

I have been trying to build gdal 1.5.1 build on Solaris 9 (SPARC, gcc
3.4.6) without success.
The last success build on Solaris 9 is gdal 1.4.4 (done last week).
However when I used the exactly same setenv PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
LDFLAGS="-lrt -lm -lnsl" on gdal 1.5.0 and 1.5.1, there were erros.

The main reason for the newer gdal is that our Convair 580 PolSAR data
is quite large. It causes gdal I/O problem on Solaris 9 (but ok on Linux
and Windows). I was told that gdal 1.5.1 has fixed this problem. Would
someone please confirm this, otherwise I don't have to spend time on
building it.

gdal 1.5.0 "make" and "make install" seemed finished fine. But unlike
1.4.4 or 1.5.1 there is no .libs/ created under gdal-1.5.0/pymod, and
there is no "_gdalmudule.*" in
[install_dir]/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ As results, "import gdal"
failed right away.
I attached the gmake.log and gmakeinstall.log for gdal 1.5.0.

A gdal 1.5.1, please see the previous email below.
"tiff_driver.CreateCopy( fname, vrtds, ..." causes bus error - core dump

thanks for your help,
Shawn