[gdal-dev] Mapinfo TAB Files and DateTime

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Wed Nov 5 10:14:28 EST 2008

Looks like the problem may be in the MITAB driver itself: DateTime
support has been added for writing only but has been skipped for reading.

I have reopened ticket 2585 about this, but it will be at least a couple
of days before we have time to work on it:

   http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2585

Daniel

Dale Harris wrote:
> I am using GDAL 1.6 Beta with VB.NET (through ogr_csharp) to read a TAB
> file with a Date or a Date Time field and I can’t use the following to
> get the date values (they are all 0):
>

> .GetFeature(x).GetFieldAsDateTime(33, myyear, mymonth, myday, myhour,
> mymin, mysec, mytz)
>

> However if I use:
>

> .GetFeature(x).GetFieldAsString(33)
>

> I get “2008102600000”.
>

> Also if I try to create a new file with a datetime field it builds ok
> but the field has no values assigned to it.
>

> Is this due to the csharp wrapper not yet supporting datetime fields in
> Mapinfo?
>

> Cheers,
>
> **Dale Harris***
> *GIS Manager