[gdal-dev] OGR WFS driver

Johan Nouvel gdal at archivideo.com
Fri Nov 14 11:13:07 EST 2008

Hello,

Some informations about our driver :
- It uses existing OGR GML driver to parse WFS server message and knows only gml 1.0 answer, so you must specified
answer in gml 1.0 in your requests to the server. It should not be difficult to add zipped gml, but for another format
(such as shape) it will be a more complex thing to do.
- A specific request is done to get capabilities of a wfs server and a xerces parser is used to scan the answer
- curl is directly used, no call to cpl_http.h, sorry.
- It does not understand WFS style tag.
- In fact, it is used to do geometric request on layers and parse the answer to produce ogr data.

Next week, I will try to build it directly in ogr (for gdal 1.5.3 release) and look into cpl_http.h.

As for being a commiter, I'm sorry but I can't do that during my working time.

Regards,
Johan.

--
Johan Nouvel, R&D Engineer