Gdal Bug? was: Re: [gdal-dev] JP2MRSID Issues

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 19 15:12:41 EST 2008

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Sorry no joy with the patch applied. Here are the results. I had them
> patch and set the prefix /usr/local/swoodbridge/ and then used the
> following script to make sure I pulled in the new executables and
> libraries.
> MrSID: RasterIO() - using optimized dataset level IO.
> MrSID: Dataset:IRasterIO(25432,42149 5066x6973 -> 5066x6973 ->
> 5066x6973, zoom=1)
> gdalwarp: ../compressed/compressed.cpp:1724: bool
> kd_tile::read_tile_part_header(): Assertion `tpart_body_length >= 0'
> failed.

Steve,

I confirmed the code I pointed out was buggy, but it does not appear to
be directly responsible for your problem.  I'm not sure what else to tell
you.  We could try and add more detailed debug output in the area of the
IRasterIO() message but what is there seems to suggest the requested area
will be on the database.