[gdal-dev] Re: [SAC] GDAL buildslave on buildtest operational

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Wed Nov 19 15:41:42 EST 2008

Frank Warmerdam kirjoitti:
> Looking at the the buildtest-full configure report I see it does not
> include,
> but might benefit from, Xerces, HDF4, mysql and geos support.  It might
> also be nice if the configurations for -quick and -full were somewhat
> distinct.  Perhaps -quick could aim for a somewhat minimalist
> configuration
> and -full could aim to include as many options as practical?  That way we
> can test "graceful fallback" - for instance one with geos, one without.
> One with curl, one without.
>
> I guess these details might be better pursued on the gdal-dev list.

Some background for the gdal-dev list: The telascience_* buildslave is
replaced with buildtest_* ones, which reside in a separate computer
(xblade11). "Telascience" slaves (actually slave in xblade14-2) do not
run any more.

The buildtest machine has now netcdf, hdf4, xerces, geos support. The
configure is still the same as what was in "telascience" slave and it is
similar in quick and full builds. The --without flags will be added
later to the quick build slave.

Xerces is 3.0.0, which causes some problems with autotest:
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2617

MySQL and PostGIS (buildtest has PostgreSQL but not PostGIS) support and
tests will be added later.

Regards,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Environmental Management Information Technology