[gdal-dev] RedHat build error: `TIFFFreeDirectory' was not declared in this scope

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Fri Nov 21 15:12:48 EST 2008

Ivan,

See http://n2.nabble.com/get-fmrt-grib-td1313401.html.

I think someone recently reported that issue and if I remember well, RHEL 4 is
shipped with libtiff 3.6 that doesn't have TIFFFreeDirectory.

So the workaround is
to ./configure --with-libtiff=internal --with-libgeotiff=internal
(passing the path inside the gdal tree is not supposed to work. The path of
the --with-libtiff and --with-libgeotiff configure options must point to an
installed version of those libraries, not a source distribution)

We should probably put libtiff 3.8 as the minimum requirement. See
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2668