[gdal-dev] Stable Releases

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 28 15:23:32 EST 2008

Folks,

I would like to prepare a GDAL 1.4.5 release.  I anticipate this being
the final 1.4.x release.  There have apparently been 15 tickets closed
since the 1.4.4 release that claim to have impacted the 1.4 branch.

Does anyone object to my taking on the role of release manager for a
1.4.5 release?  I will prepare a release candidate for review and voting
by the PSC if there is not.

I would also like to prepare a GDAL 1.5.4 release in the next few days
which would reflect those bug fixes back ported into the 1.5 branch to date.
There are 22 tickets claiming to have been closed since the 1.5.4 release.
While I anticipate backporting of bug fixes into the 1.5.x branch will slow
with the release of 1.6.0, it is likely that there would be at least one
more "cleanup release" for the 1.5 branch in the future.

Does anyone object to make taking on the role of release manager for a
1.5.4 release?