[gdal-dev] opendap on Windows

Michael Sumner mdsumner at utas.edu.au
Wed Oct 1 17:16:37 EDT 2008

Hello,

I got this to work on a different machine. Clearly something I have done
on the original
machine was causing a problem, or there are network connection problems
I need to investigate.

This is how I set it up:

1. Install MS VC++ 2008 (9.00)

2. Obtain GDAL source

3. Run batch file to generate project file

  [gdal]/makegdal_gen 9.00 > makegdal90.vcproj

4. Open project file in MSVC, edit nmake.opt

   - GDAL_HOME

   - DODS_DIR:

   DODS_DIR = C:\opendap
   DODS_LIB = $(DODS_DIR)\lib\libdapMD.lib
$(DODS_DIR)\lib\libdapclientMD.lib

5. Install the following from http://www.opendap.org/download/libdap++.html

   libdap_3.8.2.exe     - C:\opendap
     (http://www.opendap.org/pub/binary/libdap/win32/libdap_3.8.2.exe)

   OPeNDAP_Tools_1.1.exe  - C:\opendap-tools
     (http://www.opendap.org/pub/binary/libdap/win32/OPeNDAP_Tools_1.1.exe)

 6. Copy the  contents  C:\opendap-tools\include directory to
C:\opendap\include\

 7. Restart Windows.

 8. Build the project, check with tests:

 gdalinfo
"http://www.marine.csiro.au/dods/nph-dods/dods-data/climatology-netcdf/gordon_atlas.nc?temperature[y][x]"

 gdalinfo
"http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/opendap/sea_surface_temperature/avhrr/pathfinder/data_v5/8day/descending/04km/2006/bsst/2006001-2006008.s0481pfv50-bsst.hdf?bsst[y][x]"

 gdal_translate
"http://dods.jpl.nasa.gov/opendap/sea_surface_temperature/avhrr/pathfinder/data_v5/8day/descending/04km/2006/bsst/2006001-2006008.s0481pfv50-bsst.hdf?bsst[y][x]"
out.tif -outsize 400 200

Thanks again for the help, and patience.

Regards, Mike.