[gdal-dev] Flip horizontally & vertically a raster map using listgeo and geotifcp (?)

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Oct 8 08:36:53 EDT 2008

Dear gdal-dev members,
is there a way to turn the world (raste map) upside-down?

I've been playing around with listgeo and geotifcp (trying to understand
the "world file" principles) but I can't get the word upside-down. I
thought that, since it's about a flip in both axes hor. and vert., it
would just take to change position and/or the sign of pixel resolution
values/rotation coefficient values.

Seems it's a more complex thing.

I tried Matt's (Perry) flip_raster.py but I also want a horizontal flip
in addition. What would it take to hack-in the horizontal flip as well?

As I understand Matt's version of gdal_merge.py will preserve
coordinates and geo-meta-tags. Is there a way to flip them as well ?

Thank you, Nikos