[gdal-dev] C# OGR and memoryproblems.

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 17:36:44 EDT 2008

Johan,

Assuming you don't use the open-shared option the destructor of the
object should destroy the underlying dataset. For the garbage
collected environments (like .NET) it would be reasonable to put this
mechanism into an earlier method like Dispose, however it would
require some further investigation to implement such code properly,
you could submit a ticket with this problem anyways.

You could also test this issue by forcing the collection by using the
GC.Collect() API.

Best regards,

Tamas