[gdal-dev] Kakadu library and Component transform with GDAL

Dimitri Sarafinof Dimitri.Sarafinof at ign.fr
Tue Oct 21 06:48:33 EDT 2008

Hello,

I’m working in the French National Geographic Institute on a project for the
French Ministry of Defence. The goal is to encode imagery in JPEG 2000.

We’re working with Kakadu library v6 (we’ve got a Commercial Enterprise
licence) and there’s no option to use the components transform (in
particular ICT) when it’s linked to GDAL. This option seems to be very
useful to compress RGB imagery and have better quality. It‘s recommended to
use it for RGB data but we can’t do it with GDAL. So we would to know if
this option is going to be implemented next wit

Thanks a lot

Regards

Dimitri Sarafinof

Direction Technique – Cellule Normalisation

Institut Géographique National

2, Av. Pasteur 94165 Saint Mandé Cedex - France

tel: +33 1 43 98 80 00 - poste: 73 97

portable : +33 6 37 07 67 74