[gdal-dev] Build OGR with ESRI SDE

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 08:45:21 EDT 2008

Steve,

If you require a Windows based build, you should identify the location
of your SDE client lib and header files and modify your gdal nmake.opt
accordingly:

SDE_ENABLED = YES
SDE_VERSION=92
SDE_PLUGIN = YES
SDE_SDK = C:\arcgis\arcsde
SDE_INC = $(SDE_SDK)\include
SDE_LIB = $(SDE_SDK)\lib\pe$(SDE_VERSION).lib \
          $(SDE_SDK)\lib\sde$(SDE_VERSION).lib
$(SDE_SDK)\lib\sg$(SDE_VERSION).lib

In a Visual Studio command prompt you can do something like:

> cd [GDAL_DIR]\ogr\ogrsf_frmts\sde
> nmake /f makefile.vc ogr_SDE.dll
> cd [GDAL_DIR]\frmts\sde
> nmake /f makefile.vc plugin