[gdal-dev] Is it possible to "hide" some ERROR messages?

Daniele Romagnoli daniele.romagnoli at geo-solutions.it
Fri Oct 24 03:36:28 EDT 2008

Hi list,
Is it somehow possible to customize/hide some GDAL error messages?
I know error messages are really useful to fix/understand problems.
Anyway, let me expose my use case:

I simply need to check if I can obtain a Dataset for a file and return a
boolean.
If I get a Dataset, great! Otherwise... no problem. :)
The user won't see messages like this "ERROR 4: `c:\mydataformat.frmt' not
recognised as a supported file format" (although by this way he will never
know why no Dataset has ben acquired).

Is there some setConfigOption("xxx",) to hide (some) error messages?

Thank you.
Regards,

Daniele

Eng. Daniele Romagnoli