(nwl) Re: [gdal-dev] Saving data to the TEXT domain NITF

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 28 16:22:58 EDT 2008

Kurt Landrus wrote:
> How hard would it be to add support, is there a lot that needs to be
> added to the framework, or is there just code that needs to be added
> to the nitf driver itself?  i.e. is the code required straightforward
> enough that I can look at adding it and uploading changes?
> Any tips on where I can start looking at this?

Kurt,

I haven't done a careful analysis of how hard it would be to add.
The NITF create code is currently rather simplistic, and assumes a fairly
fixed file and image header.  I did recently add support for TREs on the
file object which generalized things a little bit.

The code in question is NITFCreate() in gdal/frmts/nitf/nitffile.c.