[gdal-dev] gdal_merge

william paul williampaul28 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 05:17:17 EDT 2008

Hello to everybody:

I want to use gdal_merge.py to mosaic four images. The images have the same size, but the content of the images overlaps only in some areas. The value for each images is something like : 1, 2, 3, 4
I want to mosaic all the files, but I want to be able to specify which image will overlap what image, for example, the order of overlapping should be: 1 covers 2, 2 covers 3, 3 covers 4 without no blending (opaque), so the final image will have values 1, 2, 3, 4, each values corresponding to its position in the overlapping images

I have tried with: gdal_merge.py -0 merge.tif -of GTiff image1.tif image2.tif image3.tif image4.tif, but I get the merge images with 0 values on most of the image and a 4 value on the position of the last image

Please, may I receive and example for doing this?

Thank you

William