[gdal-dev] libgrass

James McManus jmpmcmanus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 09:17:59 EDT 2009

When I use gdalinfo on a GRASS raster file I get the following error
message:

error while loading shared libraries: libgrass_dgl.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

The libgrass libraries are installed in /usr/lib64 but they all have
.so.6.3.0 suffix's.  When I attempt to compile libgrass from source at:

http://home.gdal.org/projects/grass/

I get a configure error:

checking host system type... Invalid configuration
`x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu': machine `x86_64-unknown' not recognized

How can I fix either one of these so I can use gdalinfo on GRASS raster
files?

Thanks
Jim