[gdal-dev] Image segmentation

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 21 13:01:37 EDT 2009

Giacomo Piva wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm looking for a function that create an image segmentation.
> Is there a function in the GDAL collection that permit to do that?

Giacomo,

No, I don't believe there is.

By segmentation do you mean single band reclassification (ie. values
0-10 map to 1, values 20-35 map to 2, etc)?   Or are you thinking of
multispectral classification?  Or perhaps something else?

In any event, there is nothing in GDAL itself to do any of these.