[gdal-dev] need suggestion on Linux OS

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 12:55:28 EDT 2009

I have been running a fairly complete open source GIS stack on a couple of
Ubuntu 8.04 machines for about 6 months.  I have had no problems getting
anything installed from source on them, and use the supporting libs that are
available via apt-get almost exclusively.  If anyone wants to see the
program manifest and the install steps, I'd be happy to send it to them.

Roger