[Gdal-dev] gdalwarp, proj4 and Space Oblique Mercator problem

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Wed Aug 5 14:25:09 EDT 2009

This projection is recognized by proj, but not by the GDAL module that
parses PROJ.4 strings into its OGC WKT model. I'm afraid there's nothing you
can do, apart from improving OGR to support this projection method and
posting the patch ;-)

Maybe a way of cheating could be to use a valid (and unrelated) OGC WKT
string and putting your proj4 string  into the EXTENSION parameter. See
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/classOGRSpatialReference.html#a20

Something like that might be worth trying (completely untested. No warranty)
:
LOCAL_CS["unnamed",EXTENSION["PROJ4","+proj=lsat +lsat=5 +path=188
+wktext"]]