[gdal-dev] Stack Overflow in gdal with HDF5 using VC2008

atubar atubar at 126.com
Thu Aug 6 11:56:41 EDT 2009

Hello, I am a freshman in working with Gdal and HDF5 in Visual C++ 2008. I have built essential dlls as those guides said. And I got gdal16.dll, hdf5dll.dll and more.
I set up a project , add include and lib to this project. Then I copy some sample codes to test how gdal and hdf5 works.
These codes below works successfully:
    char *pszFormat="HDF5";
    GDALDriver *poDriver = GetGDALDriverManager()->GetDriverByName(pszFormat);
It returns an non null poDriver.
But when I work with these codes below:
    char* filename="..\\hdf5_test.h5";
    GDALDataset *poDataset;
    poDataset= (GDALDataset *) GDALOpen( filename, GA_ReadOnly);
it occurs an error like this below:
   Unhandled exception in **.exe:0xC00000FD:Stack Overflow
How it comes? Is it a bug?What should I do ?