[gdal-dev] How would run the geographic query against the shape file via a gdal command line program?

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 10:15:14 EDT 2009

I have tried running both gdalwarp and gdal_merge against a subset of
hundreds of geotiff images via geographic bounding box.
I would like to speed up the performance by running a geographic query
against the shape file which was already created via gdaltindex against all
the geotiff images.
Next I would like to take the selected objects from the shapefile and use
the location field to derive all geotiffs which are then used to as source
to run against gdal_merge or gdalwarp.

How would run the geographic query against the shape file via a gdal command
line program?

Thanks,

John J. Mitchell