[gdal-dev] Problem with GDALGetProjectionRef

Florian Hillen fhillen at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Aug 25 06:58:58 EDT 2009

> Florian Hillen wrote:
>> gdalinfo delivers the right projection:
>>
>> PROJCS["unnamed",
>>     GEOGCS["DHDN",
>>         DATUM["Deutsches_Hauptdreiecksnetz",
>>             SPHEROID["Bessel 1841",6377397.155,299.1528128000009,
>>                 AUTHORITY["EPSG","7004"]],
>>             AUTHORITY["EPSG","6314"]],
>> [...]
>>
>> GDALGetProjectionRef delivers the following WKT string (some of you know
>> this from some earlier mails):
>>
>> PROJCS["unnamed",
>> GEOGCS["DHDN",
>> DATUM["unknown",
>> SPHEROID["unretrievable - using WGS84",6378137,298.257223563]],
>> PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
>> UNIT["degree",0.0174532925199433],
>> AUTHORITY["EPSG","4314"]],
>> [...]
>>
>> In the earlier mails I thought that the warp doesn't work correct, but
>> apparently the warp is correct, because I use the same file for gdalinfo
>> and in my plugin. So the problem must be GDALGetProjectionRef!?
>
> Florian,
>
> Two possibilities come to mind.
>
> 1) In your plugin the environment isn't correct and some .csv lookups
> are failing which are used to fill out the datum information.
>
> 2) You are using a different version of GDAL in your plugin and it has
> slightly different code for handling the coordinate system.
>
> There is no apparent problem with the code you included.
>
> Best regards,
> --

Hi Frank,

thanks for your help. After building qgis with different gdal versions
(which didn't helped), I check all environment variables which are set by
the setfwenv.bat from FWTools. The variable that was missing and makes
every work fine now is GEOTIFF_CSV=%FWTOOLS_DIR%\data.

Thanks for your patience ;)

Best regards,
Florian