[gdal-dev] convert lines to polygons (2nd post)

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 09:11:45 EDT 2009

Bryan,

You can use the third or fourth arguments of the OGRBuildPolygonFromEdges
which indicate the option to close the polygon automatically and the
tolerence respectively.

Refer to
http://www.gdal.org/ogr/ogr__api_8h.html#74f64386be8d675e8da33d289ccc9892for
a more clear description of the function.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Bryan Keith <bryan at ideotrope.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm posting this a second time because I see that by replying to an older
> gdal-dev message, my first message was put in that thread by some e-mail
> clients that sort threaded messages.  Sorry for the repeat.
>
> I'm using BuildPolygonFromEdges in ogr in an attempt to take some lines
> and convert them to polygons.  For a number of my sets of lines
> BuildPolygonFromEdges fails.  I think this is because the lines aren't
> closed.  Is there a way to put a tolerance into BuildPolygonFromEdges so
> that nodes within the tolerance are considered coincident?
>
> Or is there another tool that will do what I want?  I used to use ArcInfo
> CLEAN to do this, but I don't have access to that tool.  I'm open to any
> suggestions, not just gdal/ogr tools.  Thank you.
>
> Bryan

Chaitanya kumar CH.