[gdal-dev] mdb to shape conversion: no geometry exported

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 06:35:21 EST 2009

Boris,

I fixed the pgeo driver in the ticket #3100
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3100
This allows the following esri shapetypes to be handled as the usual
case. Additional attributes including non-linear segments and vertex
identifier attributes are ignored.

esriShapeGeneralPolyline as esriShapePolyline
esriShapeGeneralPolygon as esriShapePolygon
esriShapeGeneralPoint as esriShapePoint
esriShapeGeneralMultipoint as esriShapeMultipoint
esriShapeGeneralMultiPatch as esriShapeMultiPatch

Only esriShapeGeneralPolyline and esriShapeGeneralPolygon are tested
with limited sample data. There may be issues here.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 9:41 PM, <Boris.Vasiliev at forces.gc.ca> wrote:

> > Boris,
> > I had not understood you were working on linux. I have been very
> frustrated with the
> > fragility of the mdbtools based odbc driver and I'm no longer
> interested in investing
> > effort in supporting it. If you really really want it, then review:
> > http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/mdbtools
> > There may also be open tickets on the issues.
> > Best regards,
> My apologies for the misunderstanding; I should have specified my
> operating system at the beginning.  I will try to install FWtools on
> Windows XP and check whether I can export the shape file from my .mbd
> database.
> Regards,
> Boris,

Chaitanya kumar CH.