[gdal-dev] problem with ArcSDE raster (negative values)

Kor de Jong k.dejong at geo.uu.nl
Tue Dec 8 08:05:48 EST 2009

Hi Bart,

On Tuesday 08 December 2009 13:53:07 bartvde at osgis.nl wrote:
> I tried this change but with strange results. Also in Mapserver it seems
> that a GByte * is used for the buffer:
>
> LoadGDALImage( GDALRasterBandH hBand, int iColorIndex,
>                layerObj *layer,
>                int src_xoff, int src_yoff, int src_xsize, int src_ysize,
>                GByte *pabyBuffer, int dst_xsize, int dst_ysize );
>
> Would this need a change as well?

I don't think the type of these memory buffers is related to the type
of the values in your raster. They are probably fine.

You may have to look into the MorphESRIRasterDepth function to see
whether that needs to be updated. It probably needs to be in sync with
the MorphESRIRasterType function.

If that doesn't help than you may want to wait for other suggestions,
because I might be completely wrong. That has happened before ;-)

Kor