[gdal-dev] gdal-grass fail to build

Alfredo Alessandrini alfreale74 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 14:50:55 EST 2009

Hi,

The build failed when I try to compile gdal-grass.

alfredo at astore:~/alfredo/grass_install/gdal-grass-1.4.3$ ./configure
--with-gdal=/usr/local/bin/gdal-config
--with-grass=/usr/local/grass-7.0.svn
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for g++ -shared ... yes
user supplied gdal-config (/usr/local/bin/gdal-config)
using /usr/local/lib/gdalplugins as GDAL shared library autoload directory
checking for G_asprintf in -lgrass_gis... no
configure: error: --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-7.0.svn requested, but
libraries not found!  Perhaps you need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
include /usr/local/grass-7.0.svn/lib?