[gdal-dev] ogre3d and gdal

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Dec 15 10:02:00 EST 2009

weixj2003ld wrote:
> 1.I am a newer to gdal,I want to know that can gdal and ogre3d be
> integrated?

Wei,

I am not familiar with anyone having integrated GDAL with ogre3d; however,
folks do use GDAL as an imagery and elevation model source for lots of 3D
rendering engines so I don't foresee any problems.

 > 2.How could I get the value of (x,y,z) of the Satellite photos file
 > through gdal?

Generally this is accomplished by reading an elevation model from a
raster file - often in a format like USGS DEM or DTED, though elevation
data can be in quite a variety of formats.   The elevation model may be
provided in a different coordinate system, and often at a different
density than the imagery you are draping over the elevation model. So
there is some work to relate pixel/line locations in the drape image
with the pixel/line in the elevation model.

I would suggest you start by reading up on the GDAL data model, and focusing
on the handling of coordinate system, and georeferencing (ie. the
GeoTransform).