[gdal-dev] IAU 2000 Coordinate System Dictionary

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Dec 31 15:45:01 EST 2009

Folks,

I have received a request from Trent Hare to include support for the IAU
(International Astronomical Union) set of planetary coordinate systems with
GDAL.  I have distributed this in the past with FWTools, but had hesitated
to include it in the core GDAL distribution since it amounts to nearly 1MB
of text uncompressed.  The dictionary is at:

   http://home.gdal.org/tmp/IAU2000.wkt

I'm interested in feedback on whether this would be a good idea to include,
or if there are practical other mechanisms to make them available.