[gdal-dev] Re: Failure to compile 1.6.0 with errors 'libgdal.so: undefined reference to `PMPI::Intracomm::current_op'

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 27 11:25:40 EST 2009

Steve Walker wrote:
> I was able to complete a successful build by including the following in my
> configure command:
>
> --with-hdf4=no --with-hdf5=no
>
> Which then of course leads to the follow-up:  What's wrong with my hdf
> installs?
>
> I have the following packages installed:
> hdf4-tools
> hdf5-tools
> libhdf4g
> libhdf4g-dev
> libhdf5-lam-1.6.6-0
> libhdf5-openmpi-1.6.6-0
> libhdf5-openmpi-dev
>
> I am not yet sure if or how this will affect my ability to work with ogdi
> layers.

Steve,

It would appear your hdf5 libraries are MPI enabled and have additional MPI
related dependencies that are not addressed by normal linking.  If you want
to use them you would need to work out the details and do some custom
hacking on your GDALmake.opt.

However, HDF4 and HDF5 formats are unrelated to OGDI and lack of them
should have no impact if you are primarily interested in the OGDI gateway.