[gdal-dev] used the GDAL/GEOS libraries (.dll and .lib) in my visual studio .net C++ project

Tom Kazimiers 2voodoo at gmx.de
Thu Jan 8 08:52:19 EST 2009

Hi Chen,
> I just set the directory of where the gdal libraries are saved under
> the project property setting page - Additional Library Directories'
> and include directories.
This correct, but the directories are stored there per configuration. So
make sure you put in the directory for release AND for debug build or
make set the configuration for "all configurations". But since it seems
that you can compile, but not successfully run, your app this might not
be an issue here.

What exactly do you imply when telling us that it does not work in debug
mode? Does it mean in Release mode does it work?
> But when i run the debugging mode of my project, the libraries are not
> found: gdal15.dll, geos_c.dll,geos_c_fw.dll even those files are saved
> under the library directory. After i copied those file into
> Windows/system32, then it worked well.
As far as I know you could also place the libraries in the path of your
executable. I don't know any other possibilities, but would be also
interested if one could set additional search paths for runime lookup.
Does it work if you do this?

Regards,
Tom