[gdal-dev] Measure Value and SDE Read/Write

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 13:09:09 EST 2009

On Jan 8, 2009, at 10:26 AM, Craig Hunter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have implemented m-value functionality for the shapefile and sde
> drivers. This implementation parallels the z-value implementation
> that already existed in ogr.  In addition, we have a working read/
> write functionality for (non-versioned) SDE implemented. These
> enhancements are built on the 1.4.2 release of ogr.  Would this be
> of interest to anyone?

SDE versioned vector write was implemented in 1.6, but no measures
support is currently available. You built against 1.4?  Did you
rewrite the SDE driver from scratch?

I'd be interested in seeing stuff, but I don't know that we'd do
measures until we moved OGR to the new OGC simple features model.
Such changes would be highly disruptive.  Maybe it would be best to
file a ticket as an enhancement with the patches zipped up for now.

Howard