[gdal-dev] how to acces to PDS meta data

Ludovic Mercier ludovic.mercier at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 03:49:02 EST 2009

Hi all,

I try to use gdal and otb (http://smsc.cnes.fr/PLEIADES/lien3_vm.htm)
with pds file.
I try to get value associated to a key (meta-data).
for an exemple the file : Index of /gdal/data/mc02.img contain :
SPACECRAFT_NAME                = "MARS GLOBAL SURVEYOR"
INSTRUMENT_NAME                = "MARS ORBITER CAMERA"
INSTRUMENT_ID                  = "MOC-WA"
TARGET_NAME                    = "MARS"
FILTER_NAME                    = "RED"

I would like to access to the key/value FILTER_NAME. But the function
GetMetadata return nothing !
I look in the source code (file pdsdataset.cpp) and the interresting
method is "GetKeyword()" but it is a private method.

Is someone have an idea how to get all meta data or specific meta-
data ?

I think is it impossible in fact.. but perhaps is it possible if i add new
functionnality
in the pds driver....

regards.