[gdal-dev] oci libraries to connect ogr and oracle spatial

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Tue Jan 13 09:19:54 EST 2009

Hi,

I want to build gdal with oracle oci support and would like to know, if there is
a list of oracle library packages I need for that. I found this page in the
internet for oracle 11.1.0.7.0:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/htdocs/linuxsoft.html

with following packages:

Instant Client Package - Basic
Instant Client Package - Basic Lite
Instant Client Package - JDBC Supplement
Instant Client Package - SQL*Plus
Instant Client Package - SDK
Instant Client Package - ODBC
Instant Client Package - WRC
Instant Client Package - Precompiler

Maybe somebody experienced with oracle can give me a hint. Are these client
library packages correct and sufficient or what do I need to be able to connect
to Oracle e.g to export vector layers via ogr?

thanks a lot
 Otto