[gdal-dev] improve PDS and Isis drivers

lidiriel ludovic.mercier at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 11:41:14 EST 2009

hi,

I work with several pds files and i have many idea for improve
driver :

Add several domaine (for obtain a classification) with standard
Metadata like describe in "PDS standars reference" document (chapter5
v3.7) each domain can contains a minimum number of keys.

domaine name (dn): LABEL_STANDARDS
keys : PDS_VERSION_ID, DD_VERSION_ID, LABEL_REVISION_NOTE

dn : FILE_CHARACTERISTICS
keys: RECORD_TYPE, RECORD_BYTES, ...

dn : IDENTIFICATION_DATA_ELEMENTS
keys: DATA_SET_ID ...

implementation of reading a detached data in first time for ISIS2
driver :
("filename", nnn) (chapter 5 page 13 of PDS specification v3.7)
Many of my data use this last notation and for using gdal i will must
implemented this in priority.

What are your opinion on this ideas ?

regards