[gdal-dev] using GDAL in a java-program

Albrecht.Weiser at hzd.hessen.de Albrecht.Weiser at hzd.hessen.de
Fri Jan 16 11:20:48 EST 2009

Hi list,
i'm developing a tool which has to convert all tiff-files in a directory. I'm doing it with java. The tool should create some overview images (image pyramid) for the tiffs like we used to do manually with gdaladdo before. Therefore i compiled the gdal 1.5.2 librarys with swig-support for java. The result was a gdal.jar that i imported to my project. But because of missing documentation (even no javadoc) i'm totally lost in using the classes. I need the similar class.method which does the same like the script driven gdaladdo. Example:
gdaladdo -r average abc.tif 2 4 8 16
Should be done by a java-class/method. Does anybody have a documentation, example or even a hint for me?
Thanks
Albrecht

--
Albrecht Weiser,
E6, GIS Center

Hessische Zentrale für Datenverarbeitung (HZD)
Mainzer Straße 29, 65185 Wiesbaden
Tel.:  0611 340-3113
Fax:  0611 340-5113
E-Mail: albrecht.weiser at hzd.hessen.de