[gdal-dev] ECW/ERS projections

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jan 29 00:50:59 EST 2009

Pinner, Luke wrote:
> Thanks for the response Frank.  The coord system is NSWLAM94
> http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/3308/ and is supported in more
> recent ERMapper releases. I realise that GDAL can't support every
> projection under the sun so I'll just work around it. Probably by having
> a single GDAL install that I manage and if users want to access that
> proj then they can use that install or manage their own.

Luke,

If this is a coordinate system supported by recent ERMapper releases,
then I'd encourage you to file a ticket in the GDAL trac, and I'll
add it in upstream so it makes it into 1.6.1.  In fact, if you can
provide the newer ERMapper coordinate system definition files I can
translate them to update to the full set of recent coordinate
system definitions.