[gdal-dev] Is it possible to change block size of a VRT file ?

guillaume huby guillaume.huby.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 04:54:21 EST 2009

Hi everyone,

I'm using GDAL 1.6.0. I observed that by default, VRT Block size is 128x128,
whatever the inputs datas block size is.
Is it possible to change block size of a VRT file ? And how ?

For exemple, if my VRT file is made of 2 tif files that have a block size of
1000x1. The VRT file have a block size of 128x128. Do this different block
size have an impact on the performance of processings (warping the VRT file
for exemple) ? I would have think that a block size of 1000x1 for the VRT
file would have improved the performance of the process, but maybe I'm
wrong.

Thank you for your replies !

Regards,
Guillaume.