[gdal-dev] Buildig OpenEV with GDAL 1.6.0

Vali Poncos vali_poncos at yahoo.ca
Fri Jan 30 14:44:42 EST 2009

Hi folks,

I built GDAL 1.6.0 then I tried to build OpenEV.
OpenEV seem to find GDAL but not GDALOpen. I checked Internet and I see
that there is a GDALOpen.cpp file which it seems to be missing in the
latest GDAL build. I found though the GDALOpen as a method in
gdaldataset.cpp in version 1.6.0.
What would be the problem here?
Thanks,
Vali

configure: Found local GDAL_HOME=/media/Data/Work/K-SAR/openev_source/../gdal
checking for GDALOpen in -lgdal... no
checking for GDALOpen in -lgdal... (cached) no
checking for GDALOpen in -lgdal... (cached) no
configure: error:
OpenEV requires GDAL library, but it was not found.  Please download
and install it.  See http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal