[gdal-dev] Parameters to GDAL Pixel Functions?

Matt Klaric matt at klaric.com
Tue Jul 7 10:39:10 EDT 2009

I'm trying to make use of the GDAL Pixel Functions in the virtual dataset
driver.  I have a situation where I would like to construct a pixel function
that is a function of the pixel values as well as some extra piece of
information.  This might be one of the metadata items for the image (which I
could use if the pixel function was able to reference the underlying
GDALDataset).  Alternatively, the pixel function could take these parameters
in just about any other way (being specified in the XML document, etc).

I'm flexible with regard to the mechanism by which this actually might
occur, but I need some way to get additional parameters (that vary on an
image-by-image basis) into the pixel function.

Let me know if any of this is unclear.

Thanks,
Matt