[gdal-dev] Colored images from grayscale images.

Belaid MOA belaid_moa at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 8 13:33:34 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,
  Is there any easy way to do the following using C++ in GDAL: I have a floating-point image and I'd like to associate arbitrary colors with ranges of the pixel levels. For example: for the pixel values in [0,0.1) associate red, for [0.1, 0.2) associated orange, for [0.2, 0.3) associate light blue, for [0.3,0.4) associate dark blue, for [0.4, 0.5) associate green, etc. I would like also to have this information available in the metadata or as legend so that users know what the colors stand for when they view the image.

 Thanks a lot in advance for any input.

 With best regards.
Belaid Moa.