[gdal-dev] python gdal installation issues

Roger André randre at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 13:48:00 EDT 2009

try adding the path to libgdal.so.1 in /etc/ld.so.conf

$ find /usr -name libgdal.so.1
/usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1

$ sudo vi /etc/ld.so.conf
--> add
/usr/local/lib

$ ldconfig

$ /sbin/ldconfig -p | grep gdal
    libgdal.so.1 (libc6) => /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so.1
    libgdal.so (libc6) => /usr/local/lib/libgdal.so